It’s time to create some sweet memories – here’s how to plan a romantic weekend getaway in beautiful Ridgway, CO!
Pick the Right Spot to Stay
It seems obvious, but don’t overlook the essentials when it comes to planning your romantic weekend away. This includes picking the right spot for your weekend getaway.
There’s plenty to do in Ridgway and around it, so you want to choose a place that will be easy to get around to all your activities. Don’t forget to do your research and look up recommendations from others as well. Location is key, but if a spot offers special packages or romantic amenities, that can be a spot you may want to consider.
Be Active and Plan Out Activities
While your romantic weekend may be a time away from jobs, kids, and other stresses, don’t just use this time to laze around. This is a special time with your loved one, and you should be using this time to make some memories! So, plan some activities you both love or would love to try together for the first time. Need some ideas for things to do in the area? Here are a few recommendations:
- Relax at a Hot Springs. Relaxing and romantic, you’ll want to check out the several natural hot springs in Ridgway or Ouray. Connect and unwind with your loved one while you enjoy soaking in the hot pools. If you’re looking for a little extra relaxation, you can book massages at the Orvis Hot Springs.
- Book a Romantic Dinner. Is it a romantic weekend getaway without a romantic dinner? There are so many delicious places to choose from around Ridgway. The bad news, it might be hard to decide. The good news, anything you pick will be an incredible and delicious memory. We recommend Bella Vino in Ridgway, or 221 South Oak in Telluride if you want to take a beautiful drive. Just don’t forget to book reservations in advance!
- Head to a Magic Show. If you’re looking for something unique, you and your loved one will enjoy an unforgettable experience at Mind Blown Telluride. You’ll laugh and be asking your partner, “How did they do that??” long after the show is done.
- Take a Hike. Need an activity that is a little more active? This is weather-dependent, but if you’re going to be visiting the area in late spring, summer, or fall, there are plenty of beautiful hikes you won’t want to skip. There are plenty of waterfalls in the area, so consider taking a hike to find one of them.
- Ride on a Hot Air Balloon. Another one that is a little weather-dependent but an experience that you and your loved one will cherish forever. The San Juan Balloon Adventures will take you over the beautiful Ridgway Valley as the sun rises. Nowhere is there a more beautiful place to experience your very own balloon adventure.
Build in Surprises
Of course, planning activities with your loved one is great, but be sure to build in a surprise here or there for them to make this romantic weekend one for the books. Thoughtful surprises that show you are putting forth the extra effort to personalize the experience really up the ante on romance and show you care about maintaining a connection. After all, no one wants to feel like they’re being taken on a generic romantic getaway! So plan a surprise activity you know they’d love to do, get a bottle of the same wine you shared on your first date, or surprise her with the same flowers she walked down the aisle with.
Leave Wiggle Room
With all this planning, make sure you do leave a little wiggle room for some plot twists and spur-of-the-moment ideas. Yes, you’ll want to make reservations for your hotel and activities, but try not to book up every moment of your trip together. Sometimes, you’ll want to follow where the moment takes you!
Take Lots of Photos
What better way to remember your romantic getaway than with lots of photos? The happiness you feel on your love-filled weekend is a wonderful keepsake. Plus, what isn’t photo worthy of the beautiful San Juan Mountains? So remember to pull out your phone and capture lots of photos, and don’t be afraid to ask someone to take a photo of you and your honey.
Time to Plan Your Romantic Weekend Getaway
With these tips in mind, you’re ready to plan your romantic getaway! If you’re looking for a hotel to stay at in the area, we invite you to stay at the MTN Lodge Ridgway. We’re located in Ridgway, CO, and are the perfect base camp for all your romantic adventures. We have comfortable rooms, a delicious restaurant on site, and incredible mountain views. Not to mention, we have special offers to help you save money and make your weekend even more incredible. Let’s make your stay a memorable one!